Humane Indiana is committed to animal health and well-being, where as a team, we make a positive impact on finding animals forever homes, community awareness on spay & neuter, and rehabilitating wildlife throughout Northwest Indiana.
HI believes hiring a veterinarian with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver the highest quality of care for each animal.
We are looking for a passionate veterinarian to apply their skills and education at our clinic in Munster IN. We support and depend on our veterinarian to use their expertise in a way that benefits the animals, clients, staff and supporting organizations.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Humane Indiana will create a meaningful and fulfilling professional veterinary career.
· Eligible for CE, PTO and Insurance benefits after 90 days!
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to performing surgeries, performing preventative health and wellness programs, ensuring all staff members are adhering to proper peri-operative care of patients, medical protocol and daily record keeping.
Essential Job Functions
· Examine animal pre-op to determine their ability to undergo surgery
· Perform surgical sterilizations
· Supervise post-op rechecks, and oversee order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
· Perform wellness services and provide recommendations for follow up and preventative care
· Supervise cleaning program for preventative of infectious/zoonotic disease
· Continue research and maintenance of safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery
· Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary technicians
· Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
· Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission
· Supervise veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants and veterinary interns
· Represent HI in a professional and courteous manner at all times
· Provide quality service to clients, volunteers and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of the organization
Qualifications and Skills
· A DVM degree from an accredited school of veterinary medicine, a license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Indiana and DEA license eligibility are required
· High quality, high-volume, spay/neuter experience is preferred.